Paradise Awaits Your Return
Bring a change of scenery to your next at-home meeting with a photo background. Let’s stay together while apart and broadcast from the beautiful island of Aruba - pick a spot on the white-sand beach, pull up a hammock, and enjoy some warm tropical sunshine!
- Sign into the Zoom desktop application.
- Click your profile picture then click Settings.
- Select Virtual Background.
Note: If you do not have the Virtual Background tab and you have enabled it on the web portal, sign out of the Zoom Desktop Client and sign in again.
- Check ‘I have a green screen’ if you have a physical green screen set up (i.e. sitting behind a blank wall). You can then click on your video to select the correct color for the green screen.
- Click on an image to select the desired virtual background or add your own image by clicking + and choosing if you want to upload an image or a video.
- If prompted, click Download to download the package for virtual background without a green screen.
Note: If you see your background with a reversed logo and would like to turn off the “Mirror my video” setting, go into Settings and select Video and uncheck the box under “My Video” labeled as such.
Enjoy ZOOM-ing in style!
SOUNDS OF ARUBA!
Need some happy Aruba beach music? Check out our curated Spotify playlist below.
Need to escape to the beach?
Try watching our favorite beach themed films.
- Pirates of the Caribbean (2003), Featuring Johnny Depp and Keira Knightley
- Cocktail (1988), Featuring Tom Cruise and Bryan Brown
Looking for a good read?
Take a peak at these Aruba island themed books.
- An Island Away (2008),by Daniel Putowski, In 2008, Putkowski's debut novel, An Island Away, became the #1 bestselling book in Aruba. Daniel lives in both Aruba and Philadelphia.
- Under a Blue Flag (2011), by Daniel Putkowski, The anticipated sequel to An Island Way.
Learn how to cook an Aruban Dish
Learn how to make an Aruban Cocktail
While we are all apart during this stressful time it is important to find projects that help us relax. Our bartending crew at Divi & Tamarin Aruba All Inclusives are sharing how they make their classic island beverages. Put on your creative hat and learn how to create some of these beautiful and tasty Caribbean cocktails.
- 1/4 Local Vodka
- 1/4 Local Rum
- 1/4 Banana Liquor
- 1/4 Coeicoei
- 1/4 Orange Brandy
- Orange Juice
- Pineapple Juice
Learn more about Aruba!
Check this blog often for a dose of Aruba sun and fun. Each week we dive into a different part of Aruba; landmarks, art, history, food, etc.
Here are our past posts!
Take a deep breath and relax with some Aruba inspired yoga.