FROM THE RESORTS
Divi & Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusives’ top priority continues to be the wellbeing of our guests and team members. As such, during the past few months we have been diligently working to enhance and increase our health and safety protocols. For a full breakdown of how we are working to ensure that you can safely book and stay at our resorts with confidence, please visit HERE.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this rapidly evolving situation and look forward to welcoming you back.
FROM THE ARUBAN GOVERNMENT
Due to the country-wide preventative efforts, the Government of Aruba announced the gradual reopening of the country’s borders to international travel. The scheduled timeline for foreign visitors is noted as the following:
- United States travel permitted from all 50 States as of July 10, 2020.
- Canada travel suspended through April 30, 2021.
- Europe travel permitted as of July 1, 2020 however restrictions/exceptions may apply (UK, Wales, Scotland and Ireland currently closed for travel)
- South America & Central America permitted beginning December 1, 2020 (with the exception of Brazil, Venezuela and Peru).
In the Aruban Government’s continuing efforts to provide the safest, seamless and coordinated travel experience possible, we hereby would like to inform you that all necessary facilities and procedures are in place for any visitor needing to take a PCR test while in Aruba as a requirement for re-entry to their country/state of origin.
Our efforts are in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Government of the United States of America requirement that returning travelers present a negative COVID-19 test result.
Aruba has a modern infrastructure, state-of-the-art hospital and well-equipped medical facilities. Three (3) certified laboratories in Aruba will offer the PCR testing service to outbound travelers. The facilities have ample test kits available and testing is priced between $75 and $126. Visitors will find appointments easy to book and the turnaround time for test results is within 24 hours. Between the facilities, visitors will have the option to make an appointment, walk in, or have the test done at their place of stay. Divi & Tamarijn Aruba provide a convenient on-site testing facility.
BEFORE YOUR ARRIVAL
Embarkation-Disembarkation Card (ED Card): Each traveler entering Aruba must complete an ED Card prior to entry.
- Passport, personal information, flight and visiting details forms
- Self Health Declaration Form which includes COVID-19 related health questions and liability disclaimers
- The option to upload negative COVID-19 PCR test result of a test taken within 72 hours of travel OR payment for testing administered by the Aruban Government upon arrival to the Aruban airport. Tests are required for 15 years of age and older.
- Please note, travelers should consult the Aruba Health Requirements regarding approved test-providers and certified labs.
- Mandatory COVID insurance will be required for all travelers visiting Aruba. The insurance can only be purchased within 72 hours before your departure date via the ED-Card form available on www.edcardaruba.aw. If you already completed the ED-Card form, you should receive an automated email within the 72-hour window asking you to click on a link that takes you back to the ED-Card form where you must answer some health related question and pay for the insurance. Pricing varies per age group and can be estimated at: www.arubavisitorsinsurance.com/calculator.
*Please note, if you complete the ED Card application prior to 72 hours before your arrival date, you will receive the Self Health and Insurance portion of the application in an email 72 hours prior to your arrival to complete.
- Personal Protective Equipment (masks) must be worn by all travelers during their flight to Queen Beatrix International Airport.
- Upon successful completion of the ED card process, travelers will receive an email confirmation of approval for travel, that must be shown either digitally or in printed form, at check in.
- Watch this video tutorial about completing the ED card process.
Aruba is the first in the Caribbean to partner with JetBlue on pre-travel testing with a certified at-home, 72-hour, PCR test option. Learn more here.
- Option 1 – PCR testing prior to travel to Aruba. The cost of PCR tests in home countries is the responsibility of travelers. Travelers should visit Aruba Health Requirements for approved test-providers and certified labs.
- Option 2 – PCR testing at the airport in Aruba. US visitors have the option of taking a PCR test at their own expense upon arrival at the airport in Aruba.
Additional details on Aruba’s new requirements for U.S. travelers can be found at: https://www.aruba.com/us/traveler-health-requirements.
U.S. travelers should consult their state’s travel requirements for any protocols regarding their reentry
Beginning January 26, 2021 all air passengers returning to the U.S. from a foreign country, regardless of vaccination status, must present negative COVID-19 test results or documentation of recovery to the airline, before boarding their flight. View the CDC’s Official Order, signed January 12, 2021, here
UPON YOUR ARRIVAL
All travelers will be asked to comply with the following measures following their arrival to the Queen Beatrix International Airport:
- Personal Protective Equipment (masks) must be worn by all travelers during their flight to Queen Beatrix International Airport.
- While masks will not be required in Aruba, we strongly encourage visitors to have their mask handy for situations where social distancing proves difficult.
- Thermal camera screenings
- Symptom screening
- PCR rapid test mandatory for all that did not upload the negative test via EC card. Tests are required for 15 years of age and older.
- Following the PCR rapid test, visitors (with symptoms) will receive their results at the airport. If the results indicate a positive case, the visitor will be transported to a designated property. If medical attention is required, they will be hospitalized.
- Following the PCR rapid test, visitors (with no symptoms) can then depart the airport and must travel directly to their hotel where they will quarantine for 24-hours while they await their results. Divi & Tamarijn Aruba will provide a warm welcome reception with fully stocked mini bar including water, soft drinks, beer and wine, as well as room service with full menu for the first 24-hours.
- The mandatory quarantine while test results are assessed will be up to 24 hours. The health department will make every effort to have results in 6-8 hours, in order to minimize the visitors’ time in quarantine.
*Please note, this schedule is subject to change.
UPON YOUR DEPARTURE
As travelers prepare to return home, following a stay at Divi & Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusives, it is important to know the entry requirements for their destination as travel requirements vary by destination.
Per the CDC’s Order, as of January 26, 2021, all air passengers returning to the U.S., regardless of vaccination status, must present negative COVID-19 test results or verifiable documentation of recovery to the airline, prior to boarding their flight. To provide a safe and efficient travel experience, guests of Divi & Tamarijn Aruba will have access to an on-site testing facility.
U.S. Travelers should consult federal, as well as their state’s, travel requirements for any protocols regarding their reentry.
State, local and territorial governments may have implemented travel restrictions or protocols, including testing and quarantine requirements upon arrival.
For the most up-to-date information and travel guidance, please visit the CDC’s Travel Planner which features a user-friendly search engine where individuals can review the latest policies from each state or territorial and local health department. Please note, the CDC recommends travelers consult the Travel Planner regularly as restrictions and policies may change during your trip.
For more information on international travel requirements, please visit the CDC’s Testing and International Air Travel page.
RESERVATION AND CANCELLATION DETAILS
All Divi & Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusives guests traveling through December 20, 2021 who wish to reschedule travel dates may select dates through December 20, 2021 at their current booked rate. Certain exceptions and differences in rate may apply. Modifications may be made up to 24 hours prior to scheduled date of arrival. All rescheduled dates are subject to hotel availability.
For reservations made through another company or travel agent, please contact them directly for assistance
To adjust or cancel pre purchased travel insurance please call 1-866-243-7524 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you have made your decision on which option is best suited for you, please click on the link below to complete our online form. Completing this form is the best mode of communication and will result in faster turnaround time. The change in your reservation will be made and a customer service representative will email you with confirmation. Should you decide to cancel, please be advised that the original terms and conditions of your reservation apply.
Please complete all fields on the form before submitting. Once your submission is received a customer service specialist will amend your reservation and send you a confirmation email. Please allow up to 72-hours for a response.
Guests who must make last minute cancellations inside 72 hours of arrival may do so directly via the option on their reservation confirmation form.
Additional questions can be emailed to email@example.com.
FLEXIBLE BOOKING POLICY
Our Flexible Booking policy offers guests the opportunity to book for travel now through December 20, 2021 with ZERO deposit required. A credit card is required at time of booking. Payment is charged in full 24 hours prior to the date of arrival. Guests may reschedule travel through December 20, 2021 without change fees, subject to hotel availability. Certain exceptions and differences in rate may apply. Reservations may be cancelled outside of 24 hours prior to the date of arrival with no penalty. Cancellations inside 24 hours of date of arrival are subject to a 2 night penalty. Please note: Flexible Booking policy does not apply to CYBER Sale reservations.
COVID-19 RELATED FAQS
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the government of Aruba must ensure that all visitors are properly insured. The Aruba Visitors Insurance is a mandatory insurance that helps protect visitors against incurred medical and non-medical expenses if testing positive for COVID-19 during their stay in Aruba.
Effective November 1, 2020, a flat premium of $30 is charged for stays not exceeding 180 days. This applies to visitors ages 15 – 75. Children up to & including age 14 are charged a flat premium of $10 for stays not exceeding 180 days. For visitors ages 76 and older, a flat premium of $30 is charged for stays not exceeding 180 days. Please check this link for the latest information on Aruba Visitor’s Insurance.
As soon as you’ve completed the ED-Card form and payment, you will receive an email with your Aruba Visitors Insurance policy documents attached.
All visitors, 15 years and older, traveling to Aruba must take a Molecular COVID-19 test.
Find the testing option best suited to you on the Official Aruba COVID-19 Testing Requirements page.
Those visitors 15 and older, who have tested positive using a Molecular COVID-19 test by nasopharyngeal swab between 2 weeks and 12 weeks prior to their travel date to Aruba, and do not show any symptoms, will be exempt from the requirement of providing a negative COVID-19 test result for entry to Aruba.
As part of the mandatory online Embarkation/Disembarkation Card process, these visitors will, however, be required to upload proof of their positive Molecular COVID-19 by nasopharyngeal swab test result taken between 2 and 12 weeks prior to their travel date to Aruba.
Note: This exemption does not apply for anyone who has had a positive COVID-19 test older than 12 weeks, or anyone who is not able to provide proof in the form of a Molecular COVID-19 by nasopharyngeal swab test result. Some examples of accepted Molecular COVID-19 tests are: PCR by nasopharyngeal swab, NAAT by nasopharyngeal swab, TMA by nasopharyngeal swab, etc. Some examples of tests that are not accepted are: Antigen, Antibody, blood tests, etc.
A PCR test is a diagnostic test that can show if you have an active coronavirus infection and should take steps to quarantine or isolate yourself from others. This highly accurate test is taken as a nasal or throat swab and usually does not need to be repeated. Results can be given same day or up to a week.Source: FDA
An Antigen test is another form of diagnostic test that can show if you have an active coronavirus infection. This test detects specific proteins on the surface of the virus. This test is highly accurate but negative results may need to be confirmed with a molecular test like a PCR test. This test is also taken as a nasal or throat swab and can results can be given back in one hour or less.Source: FDA
An antibody test looks for antibodies that are made by your immune system in response to a threat, like a specific virus. Antibodies help fight infection and can take several days or weeks to develop after an infection. At this time researchers do not know if the presence of antibodies means that you are immune to the coronavirus in the future. This test is taken via finger stick or blood draw and results can be given same day or 1-3 days. Sometimes a second antibody test is needed for accurate results.Source: FDA
The U.S. Department of Health & Human Services has provided a resource for finding testing locations in the state you reside. Click the link below to find testing locations near you.Click here for testing locations near you
Tests are available at the following locations. Payment is the guests responsibility. The hotel provides free shuttle service with hotel driver to all locations.
- Medcare Clinic $100- https://medcare.aw/en/home/
- Urgent Care $100- https://www.urgentcare.aw/main/
- Laboratorio di Servico $100 - https://www.laboratoriodiservicio.com/
- Hospital $75 - https://www.arubahospital.com/
To provide a safe and efficient travel experience, guests of Divi & Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusives will have access to an on-site testing facility, starting January 25, 2021. Located across the street, at Divi Village Golf & Beach Resort, the testing facility will offer PCR ($125) and Antigen ($50) tests. Guests will be responsible for the cost of their test. Test results will be available within 24 hours. An appointment is required for the testing facility, and can be booked through Guest Services Desks located in the lobbies of both the Divi & Tamarijn. Guests will be asked to download the Aruba Health app and register to receive test results.
Per the CDC’s Order, effective January 26, 2021, all air passengers returning to the U.S., regardless of vaccination status, must present negative COVID-19 test results or verifiable documentation of recovery to the airline, prior to boarding their flight. The test results must be from either a NAAT or an antigen test taken within 72 hours of departure. For more information on the CDC Order, please click here or call the CDC hotline at 800-232-4636.
The person must stay in isolation for 7 days if asymptomatic and up to 10 days if showing symptoms. They must be fever free to leave isolation. The doctor visits are covered by insurance as well as the letter to return stating they are safe to travel.
The loved ones who opted to stay must retest to return at their own expense.
Updated April 9, 2021